Meteor FTSE Super Defensive Kick Out Plan – December 2022 – 5817
If the Closing Level of the Index on any Measurement Date before the Final Measurement Date is at least equal to its Reference Level the Plan will kick out, i.e. mature early, and make a gross investment return of 8.35% of the money you invest for each year that the Plan has been in force. The first Measurement Date will be two years after the Start Date.
If the Plan has not matured early, and the Closing Level of the Index on the Final Measurement Date (the ‘Final Level’) is at least equal to its Reference Level, the Plan will provide an investment return at the Maturity Date equal to 58.45% of the money you invest. If the Final Level of the Index is below its Reference Level, no investment return will be payable at the Maturity Date.
You will lose money if the Final Level of the Index is below 65% of its Opening Level. If the Final Level of the Index is at least equal to 65% of its Opening Level you will get back the amount you invested. The amount of your money that you would lose will be the percentage by which the Final Level of the Index is below its Opening Level. In extreme circumstances you could lose all of your money.
The Securities purchased will be Global Medium Term Notes issued by Citigroup Global Markets Funding Luxembourg S.C.A., and guaranteed by Citigroup Global Markets Limited. These Securities can be viewed in a similar way to a loan to the Issuer and are linked to the performance of Preference Shares issued by Citigroup Global Markets Funding Luxembourg S.C.A, which are in turn linked to the performance of the Index.
It is Meteors understanding that any investment return from a direct investment by individuals or Trusts into this Plan is expected to be subject to Capital Gains Tax.
English law governed notes
Citigroup Global Markets Limited (http://www.citigroup.com/). The product issuer is Citigroup Global Markets Funding Luxembourg S.C.A. with a guarantee by Citigroup Global Markets Limited.
The product is designed to provide a return in the form of a cash payment on the maturity date in an amount that depends on whether the underlying satisfies the barrier conditions specified below. The product has a fixed term and will terminate on the maturity date, unless terminated early
Early termination following an autocall: The product will terminate prior to the maturity date if, on any autocall observation date, the reference level is at or above the relevant autocall barrier level. On any such early termination, you will on the immediately following autocall payment date receive a cash payment equal to the applicable autocall payment. The relevant dates, autocall barrier levels and autocall payments are shown in the table(s) on the key information document.
Termination on the maturity date: If the product has not terminated early, on the maturity date you will receive:
1. if the final reference level is at or above 75.00% of the initial reference level, a cash payment equal to GBP 1.5845;
2. otherwise, if the final reference level is at or above 65.00% of the initial reference level and below 75.00% of the initial reference level, a cash payment equal to GBP 1.00;
3. otherwise, if the final reference level is below 65.00% of the initial reference level, a cash payment equal to (i) the product notional amount multiplied by (ii) (A) the final reference level divided by (B) the initial reference level.
Investors should note that the payments described above are based on the expected value of the preference shares. Therefore any return you may receive on the product depends directly on the value of the preference shares. As such, your return is only indirectly dependent on the underlying.
Under the product terms, certain dates specified above and below will be adjusted if the respective date is either not a business day or not a trading day (as applicable). Any adjustments may affect the return, if any, you receive.
The product terms also provide that if certain exceptional events occur (1) adjustments may be made to the product and/or (2) the product issuer may terminate the product, as applicable, early. These events are specified in the product terms and principally relate to the product and the product issuer. The preference shares in turn contain provisions allowing the preference shares to be adjusted or terminated early in the case of certain exceptional events, in particular relating to the underlying. Any such adjustments or early termination are likely to affect the amount and timing of return you receive under the product, meaning the return (if any) that you receive on such early termination is likely to be different from the scenarios described above and may be less than the amount you invested.
The product is intended to be offered to retail investors who fulfil all of the criteria below:
1. they have the ability to make an informed investment decision through sufficient knowledge and understanding of the product and its specific risks and rewards, either independently or through professional advice, and they may have experience of investing in and/or holding a number of similar products providing a similar market exposure;
2. they expect the movement in the underlying to perform in a way that generates a favourable return, have an investment horizon of the recommended holding period specified in the key information document and understand that the product may terminate early;
3. they accept the risk that the issuer could fail to pay or perform its obligations under the product and they are able to bear a total loss of their investment;
4. and they are willing to accept a level of risk to achieve potential returns that is consistent with the summary risk indicator shown in the key information document. The product is not intended to be offered to retail clients who do not fulfil these criteria.
Our fee is just 0.5%. This can be deducted from the investment or paid by enclosing a cheque to Moneyworld.
Closing Date: 15 December 2022
ISA Transfer Closing Date: 01 December 2022
♦ Be an Informed Investor, with appropriate knowledge and experience of equity-based investments;
♦ Like investments that provide known returns based on pre-determined market outcomes;
♦ Want the potential to secure an investment return above that available from a deposit-based investment and acknowledge the risk indicator set out in the Key Information Document (KID);
♦ Be willing and able to tie up their money for the term of the Plan for the objective of capital growth;
♦ Accept that they would lose money and be able to afford to do so;
♦ Understand that in the event of a loss that this loss would be at least 35% of the money they put into the Plan, and could be considerably more, and in extreme circumstances they could lose all of their money;
♦ Understand that any investment return is dependent on the performance of the Index, which is calculated on set dates, and accept they might not get any investment return at all;
♦ Know that the level of the Index can fall but do not expect the fall to be more than 35% of its Opening Level at the Final Measurement Date;
♦ Appreciate the importance of having a spread of investments to reduce concentration risk;
♦ Know and accept that inflation reduces the real value of money and what it can buy;
♦ Understand that equity markets are affected by economic and political events nationally and globally;
♦ Accept that if the Counterparty defaults they could lose all their money and any investment return and that they would not have any recourse to the FSCS.
The information provided on this page is not investment advice or an investment recommendation. It is designed to provide some guidance as to the possible future risks and rewards of this Plan.