The Arcus 6Y UK Defensive Step-Down Kickout Plan is a maximum 6 year investment which offers potential growth payments of 8.35% a year, dependent on the performance of the FTSE 100 Index.
The potential return
There are several opportunities during the term of the Plan for you to receive a return on your Amount Invested, depending on the performance of the UK stock market – specifically the FTSE 100 (UKX) Index (the ‘FTSE 100’).
♦ There are set dates during the investment term (‘Early Maturity Dates’) where you might receive a return. The first Early Maturity Date is two years after the Start Date.
♦ If the FTSE 100 closes at or above a pre-set level on an Early Maturity Date (see the diagram on page 5 of the brochure for details of these levels), the Plan will mature early (sometimes known as a ‘kick out’), repaying your Amount Invested plus a return equal to 8.35% (not compounded) for each year that has passed since the Start Date.
♦ If on the Final Maturity Date there has been no early maturity and the closing level of the FTSE 100 (its ‘Final Level’) is less than 85% of its closing level on the Start Date (its ‘Start Level’), your investment will have earned no return.
The repayment of your Amount Invested
If the FTSE 100 fails to close at or above 100% of its Start Level on any of the Early Maturity Dates, your Amount Invested is at risk. The amount you will get back at maturity will depend on the Final Level of the FTSE 100:
♦ If the Plan runs for the full term and the FTSE 100 closes at or above 65% of its Start Level, you will be repaid your Amount Invested in full.
♦ However, if the Final Level of the FTSE 100 is below 65% of its Start Level (meaning it has fallen more than 35% since the start of the Plan), the repayment of your Amount Invested will be reduced by 1% for every 1% fall in the FTSE 100.
Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (“Crédit Agricole CIB”) is the Issuer, meaning it is responsible for issuing the investment (known as Securities) which the Plan will purchase in order to provide the returns of the Plan to you. If the Issuer becomes insolvent, you could lose a significant amount of your Amount Invested, regardless of the performance of the FTSE 100.
Other Key Information
The product is in the form of a debt instrument, governed by English law, which performance depends on the performance of an underlying reference value. The product bears a risk of losing some or all of the capital invested.
Crédit Agricole CIB
To receive a single payment on the Maturity Date or on any earlier Payment Date on which the product terminates in return for the risk of loss of capital. Amounts stated below are in respect of each Nominal Amount that you invest.
The amounts you will receive depend directly on the performance of the Underlying(s) and are determined by referencing the performance of Preference Shares which are directly linked to the Underlying(s). Therefore, for ease of explanation of the objectives of the product, the product is described in this document as being linked to the Underlying(s).
• Autocall Event: If the Underlying Performance is greater than or equal to the relevant Autocall Barrier Level on any Autocall Valuation Date, the product will be redeemed early and you will receive, in addition to the Nominal Amount, an amount equal to the Bonus Amount corresponding to such Autocall Valuation Date on the immediately following Payment Date. No further payments will be made following such payment and early redemption.
• Redemption on the Maturity Date:
– Redemption Amount: If the product is not redeemed early, then you will receive one of the following:
▪ If a Barrier Event has NOT occurred:
– If the Final Underlying Performance is greater than or equal to the last Autocall Barrier Level, you will receive, in addition to the Nominal Amount, the Bonus Amount corresponding to the Final Valuation Date.
– If the Final Underlying Performance is lower than the last Autocall Barrier Level, you will receive the Nominal Amount.
▪ Otherwise, you will receive an amount equal to the Nominal Amount diminished by an amount equal to the Nominal Amount multiplied by the Final Performance. The amount paid in such case will be less than the Nominal Amount and you may lose some or all of your capital.
Early redemption and adjustments
The terms of the product provide that if certain defined events, in addition to those described above, occur (principally but not exclusively in relation to any Underlying, or the Manufacturer of the product (which may include the discontinuation of the Manufacturer’s ability to carry out the necessary hedging transactions)), adjustments may be made to the terms of the product to account for the relevant event or the product may be early redeemed. The amount paid on any early redemption may be less than the amount originally invested.
This product is intended for clients who:
• have significant knowledge and experience in products such as the one described in the key information document
• are willing and able to bear a potentially total loss
• have a risk tolerance consistent with the summary risk indicator in the key information document
• are expressing a view on the underlying consistent with the conditions for a positive outcome (as stated in the product description)
• have a horizon consistent with the term of this product
To gain a full understanding of this Plan it is important that you read the Plan Brochure and Key Information Document carefully, including the product risks and terms and conditions. If you are unsure about any aspect of this investment product, please seek financial advice to ensure the Plan suits your requirements and overall investment planning.
Moneyworld does not offer investment advice. The information in this brochure does not constitute tax, legal or investment advice. Please read our terms of business before investing
How do I invest?
Our fee is just 0.5%. This can be deducted from the investment or paid directly to us.
Important Plan Dates
Closing Date: 09 June 2023
> Plan Brochure – 6Y UK Defensive Step-Down Kickout Plan – CA20
Subscribe to Product Updates
Is the Arcus 6Y UK Defensive Step-Down Kickout Plan right for you?
THIS PLAN MAY BE APPROPRIATE FOR YOU IF YOU AGREE TO ALL THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS:
♦ You are comfortable with leaving your money invested for up to six years and you have access to other funds during this period for emergencies.
♦ You have at least £3,000 to invest as a lump sum.
♦ You already have a larger investment portfolio made up of different types of investments (such as bonds, funds and other equity-based investments).
♦ You are able to understand the features and risks associated with this investment.
♦ You are comfortable with investing in a Plan that is linked to the FTSE 100, and have a neutral or positive outlook on the potential growth of the FTSE 100 in the six-year term.
♦ You do not expect the FTSE 100 to rise by more than 50.1% over the six-year term.
♦ You are looking to receive a growth return when the Plan matures, rather than a regular income.
♦ You are looking for a return which has potential to be higher than you would achieve from a risk-free investment (such as a savings account).
♦ You accept that in order to achieve a higher return, there is a risk that you may receive no return at all, or get back less than your Amount Invested at maturity.
♦ You are able to bear significant losses if the FTSE 100 has fallen by more than 35% at maturity.
♦ You understand how the Plan works, in particular that the return and any repayment of your Amount Invested at maturity are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Plan (‘FSCS’) and depend on Crédit Agricole CIB being able to meet its payment obligations.
♦ You understand that if you sell the Plan early, the amount you receive would depend on the value of the Plan on the date of sale and could be less than the Amount Invested.
♦ You understand the personal tax implications of an investment in the Plan.
♦ You accept the risks associated with this investment.
IF YOU CANNOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE STATEMENTS ABOVE, THIS PLAN MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR YOU.