MB Structured Investments UK 4Y Fixed Monthly Interest Deposit Plan – December 2023 – BA8028
At the Maturity Date, the return of the amount you place in the Plan (your ‘Capital’) is not dependent on the performance of the Index and, subject to Deposit Taker risk, will be returned in full.
The Plan will pay a fixed interest payment of 0.42% on each Monthly Date regardless of the performance of the Index.
At maturity, the Plan will make a contingent interest payment of 0.50% in the event that the Final Level of the Index is at or above its Opening Level, in addition to the final fixed interest payment of 0.42%.
Your money will be deposited with Barclays Bank plc. through a Bare Trust. A Bare Trust is an arrangement which allows the Plan Manager to act on behalf of applicants in relation to their Deposit. The Deposit is effectively a loan to Barclays Bank plc and repayment will depend on the ability of Barclays Bank plc to pay the amounts due to us.
It is MB Structured Investment’s understanding that any interest payments from a direct investment by individuals or Trusts into this Plan are expected to be subject to Income Tax.
English law governed deposit
Barclays Bank PLC (www.barx-is.com). The PRIIP manufacturer is also the product issuer. Call +44 (0) 20 7116 9000 for more information.
The product is designed to provide a return in the form of (1) regular fixed coupon payments and (2) a cash payment on the maturity date. The product has a fixed term and will terminate on the maturity date.
Coupon: On each coupon payment date you will receive a coupon payment of GBP 0.0042. The coupon payments are not linked to the performance of the underlying.
Termination on the maturity date: On termination of the product on the maturity date you will receive:
1. if the final reference level is at or above the initial reference level, a cash payment equal to GBP 1.005; or
2. if the final reference level is below the initial reference level, a cash payment equal to GBP 1.
Under the product terms, certain dates specified in the key information document will be adjusted if the respective date is either not a business day or not a trading day (as applicable). Any adjustments may affect the return, if any, you receive.
The product terms also provide that if certain exceptional events occur (1) adjustments may be made to the product and/or (2) the product issuer may terminate the product early. These events are specified in the product terms and principally relate to the underlying, the product and the product issuer. The return (if any) you receive on such early termination is likely to be different from the scenarios described above and may be less than the amount you invested.
For display purposes numbers within this document have been cut off at 4 decimal places.
The product is intended to be offered to retail investors who fulfil all of the criteria below:
1. they have the ability to make an informed investment decision through sufficient knowledge and understanding of the product and its specific risks and rewards, either independently or through professional advice, and they may have experience of investing in and/or holding a number of similar products providing a similar market exposure;
2. they seek income and/or full protection of the product notional amount, subject to the issuer’s ability to pay, expect the movement in the underlying to perform in a way that generates a favourable return and have an investment horizon of the recommended holding period specified in the key information document;
3. they accept the risk that the issuer could fail to pay or perform its obligations under the product and they are able to bear a total loss of their investment; and
4. they are willing to accept a level of risk to achieve potential returns that is consistent with the summary risk indicator shown in the key information document
Our fee is just 0.5%. This can be deducted from the investment or paid by enclosing a cheque to Moneyworld.
Closing Date: 13 December 2023
ISA Transfer closing date: 24 November 2023
♦ Be either an Informed or Advanced Investor, with appropriate knowledge and experience of equity-based investments;
♦ Like investments that provide known returns based on pre-determined market outcomes;
♦ Want the potential to obtain an interest payment above that available from a traditional deposit-based investment and acknowledge and accept the Summary Risk Indicator set out in the Key Information Document (KID);
♦ Understand that the final contingent interest payment is dependent on the performance of the Index, which is calculated on set dates, and accept that they might not get this interest at all;
♦ Understand and accept that interest from conventional deposits is not contingent on equity performance and that rates from such deposits could rise over the term of the Plan;
♦ Be willing and able to tie up their money for the term of the Plan for the objective of producing an interest payment;
♦ Appreciate the importance of having a spread of investments to reduce concentration risk;
♦ Know and accept that inflation reduces the real value of money and what it can buy;
♦ Understand that equity markets are affected by economic and political events nationally and globally;
♦ You cannot invest for the full term;
♦ You do not understand how this investment works;
♦ You are unable, or unwilling, to accept the risks associated with this Plan;
♦ The Plan does not meet your investment objectives;
♦ You want a known rate of interest on your deposit.
The information provided on this page is not investment advice or an investment recommendation. It is designed to provide some guidance as to the possible future risks and rewards of this Plan.