The iDAD Inflation Linked Deposit Plan is a 4 year 2 week plan with the potential growth payments linked to the RPI and FTSE 100 Index.
A maximum 4 years 2 weeks investment
The UK RPI All Items Index (RPI) and the FTSE™100 Index
Barclays Bank Plc
Investment Return: 100% of the increase in the RPI from January 2023 to January 2027.
Additional Return: An additional 2% will be paid if the FTSE 100 Index is level with or higher than Initial Strike Level on the Final Observation Date.
Capital Protection: Your Initial Capital will be returned in full at maturity regardless of the performance of the Indices, subject to Deposit Taker risk.
How can I hold this?
Direct, ISA/ISA Transfers, SIPPs, SSAS,Corporate, Charities and Trusts
Other Key Information
English law governed deposit
Barclays Bank PLC (www.barx-is.com). The PRIIP manufacturer is also the product issuer. Call +44 (0) 20 7116 9000 for more information.
The product is designed to provide a return in the form of (1) a coupon payment and (2) a cash payment on the maturity date. The product has a fixed term and will terminate on the maturity date.
Coupon: On the maturity date you will receive a coupon payment calculated by multiplying the product notional amount by the applicable coupon rate. The coupon payment is not linked to the performance of the underlying.
Coupon rate: The coupon rate will be determined as follows:
1. if the reference rate is below 0%, the coupon rate will be 0%; and
2. otherwise, the coupon rate will be the reference rate.
As such, the interest rate will be subject to a minimum rate of 0%.
Termination on the maturity date: On termination of the product on the maturity date you will receive:
1. if the final reference level is at or above the initial reference level, a cash payment equal to GBP 1.02; or
2. if the final reference level is below the initial reference level, a cash payment equal to GBP 1.
Under the product terms, certain dates specified below will be adjusted if the respective date is either not a business day or not a trading day (as applicable). Any adjustments may affect the return, if any, you receive.
The product terms also provide that if certain exceptional events occur (1) adjustments may be made to the product and/or (2) the product issuer may terminate the product early. These events are specified in the product terms and principally relate to the underlying, the product and the product issuer. The return (if any) you receive on such early termination is likely to be different from the scenarios described above and may be less than the amount you invested.
When purchasing this product during its lifetime, the purchase price may include accrued coupon on a pro rata basis. For display purposes numbers within this document have been cut off at 4 decimal places..
The product is intended to be offered to retail investors who fulfil all of the criteria below:
1. they have the ability to make an informed investment decision through sufficient knowledge and understanding of the product and its specific risks and rewards, either independently or through professional advice, and they may have experience of investing in and/or holding a number of similar products providing a similar market exposure;
2. they seek income and/or full protection of the product notional amount, subject to the issuer’s ability to pay, expect the movement in the underlying and reference rate to perform in a way that generates a favourable return and have an investment horizon of the recommended holding period specified in the key information document
3. they accept the risk that the issuer could fail to pay or perform its obligations under the product but otherwise they are not able to bear any loss of their investment; and
4. they are willing to accept a level of risk to achieve potential returns that is consistent with the summary risk indicator shown in the key information document.
The product is not intended to be offered to retail clients who do not fulfil these criteria.
To gain a full understanding of this Plan it is important that you read the brochure carefully, including the product risks and terms and conditions. If you are unsure about any aspect of this investment product, please seek financial advice to ensure the Plan suits your requirements and overall investment planning.
Moneyworld does not offer investment advice. The information in this brochure does not constitute tax, legal or investment advice. Please read our terms and conditions before investing
How do I invest?
Our fee is just 0.5%. This can be deducted from the investment or paid by enclosing a cheque to Moneyworld.
Important Plan Dates
Closing Date (Cheque payments): 31 March 2023
Closing Date (Electronic payments): 07 April 2023
ISA Transfer closing date: 24 March 2023
> Plan Brochure – Inflation Linked Deposit Plan – April 2023
> Direct/ISA/ISA Transfer Application Form
Subscribe to Product Updates
Is the iDAD Inflation Linked Deposit Plan right for me?
This Deposit may be suitable for investors who:
♦ Are seeking the opportunity to maintain the real value of their deposit over the term of the investment
♦ Understand how the capital protection works
♦ Wish to have exposure to the Underlying Indices
♦ Understand the deposit must be held until maturity to receive the quoted returns plus the initial investment
♦ Are looking to invest for the duration of the term, being happy to remain invested until the Maturity Date
♦ Can afford to have their cash invested for the full term of the Deposit Plan
♦ Wish to use this investment as part of a well-diversified portfolio
♦ Understand the risk to capital in the event of a Deposit Taker default
♦ Should they need to encash their investment before maturity, accept that the trading price may mean they get back an amount less than they invested
This Deposit may not be suitable for investors who:
♦ Have not received advice or spoken to a financial adviser who deems the Deposit Plan appropriate for them
♦ Don’t understand the risks of the Deposit Plan
♦ Require an income from their investment
♦ Don’t want exposure to the underlying
♦ Require access to their investment over the term
♦ Are unsure how the Deposit Plan works
♦ Do not have at least £10,000 to invest
♦ Are not comfortable that their investment may be at risk if the Deposit Taker becomes insolvent
♦ Cannot make an informed decision based on the information within the brochure or from the Deposit Taker’s Key Investment Document (KID)