Tax efficient savings for toddlers and teenagers alike
A Junior ISA is a tax efficient way to save for your child’s future. You can invest in a Junior ISA each year and the money invested will grow over time and be available to your child on their 18th birthday.
Junior ISAs share the same tax benefits as a normal adult ISA, but they’re exclusively available to people under the age of 18. They’re a great way to invest for a child, for the medium to long term, as they protect their money from income tax and capital gains tax.
Junior ISA at a glance:
- Invest up to £4128, the annual Junior ISA allowance for 2017/18
- Any investment growth is free of income or capital gains tax
- Once set up, anyone can contribute to a child’s account at any time, up to the annual limit
- The money is invested and locked away until your child is 18. When your child turns 18 it becomes their ISA and they assume full control.
- Junior ISAs are only available to UK resident children under 18.
Benefits of a our Junior ISA
- Huge fund choice – you can choose any of the funds in our fund supermarket. Over 1200 funds from more than 70 providers. Research your funds here but remember you can’t invest in a Junior ISA online. You’ll need to come back to this page and download the application form.
- Flexibilty – You can select more than one fund for your child’s ISA and include funds from more than one provider
- No initial charge on any funds. No switching charges or exit charges.
- Easy to get started – just one application form to complete
- Manage your Junior ISA online – view all your account details, switch funds, top-up and view balances online, 24 hours a day.
Simple charging structured
- The fund manager charge – Usually 0.75% but varies between 0.07% and 0.85%
- Fidelity FundsNetwork platform charge at 0.25%
- Our on-going fee of 0.5%
Who can invest in a Junior ISA?
- The Junior ISA must be set up by a parent or guardian
- Once set up anyone can contribute to a child’s Junior ISA as long as the fund selection is made by the parent or guardian
How to invest
Make your fund choice. You can carry out fund research here but currently you can’t invest in a junior ISA online. You’ll need to come back to this page to download and complete the Junior ISA application form.
Read the Fund Specific Information and/or Key Investor Information Document. You will be able to search for funds here or look up your chosen fund(s).
Please print and complete the application form and post it to us at Moneyworld, 34 High Street, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP11 2AG.
Adding to an existing Junior ISA
If you have already setup a Junior ISA for the current tax year and wish to make an additional payment to this plan then please use the top-up application.